Who can file Form-6
1. First time Applicant on attaining age of 18 years or more on the first day of January of the year with Reference to which the Electoral Roll is being revised.
2. Person shifting his/her place of ordinary residence outside the Constituency in which he/she is already registered. When Form-6 can be filed
1. The application can be filed after draft publication of Electoral Roll of the Constituency. The
Application is to be filed within the specific days provided for the purpose. Due publicity is given about the above period when the revision programme is announced.
2. Only one copy of the application is to be filed.
3. Application for inclusion of Name can be filed throughout the year even when the revision programme is not going on. During non-revision period, application must be filed in duplicate. Where to file Form-6
1. During revision period, the application can be filed at the designated locations where the draft
Electoral Roll is displayed (mostly polling station locations) as well as the Electoral Registration Officer and assistant Electoral Registration Officer of the Constituency.
2. During other period of the year when revision programme is not going on, the application can be filed only with the Electoral Registration Officer. How to Fill the Form-6
1. The application should be addressed to the Electoral Registration Officer of the Constituency in which you seek registration. The name of the Constituency should be mentioned in the blank space.
2. Name (With Documentary Proof):
The name as it should appear in the Electoral Roll and Electors Photo Identity Card (EPIC) should be
The full name except the surname should be written in the first box and surname should be written in the second box. In case you do not have a surname, just write the given name. Caste should not be mentioned except where the caste name is used as part of the Elector’s Name or a Surname.
Honorific appellations like Shri, Smt., Kumari, Khan, Begum, Pandit, etc. should not be mentioned.
3. Age (With Documentary Proof):
The age of the applicant should be eighteen or more on 1st January of the year with reference to which the electoral Roll is being revised. The age should be indicated in years and months.
E.g. A person born on or upto 01-01-1991 will be eligible for inclusion in the Electoral Roll which is
Being revised with reference to 01-01-2009. Persons born on 02-01-1991 or thereafter upto 01-011992 shall be eligible for inclusion during the next revision with reference to 01-01-2010.
Write your sex in full in the space provided e.g. male / female. Applicants may indicate their sex as
„Other‟ where they do not want to be described as male or female.
5. Date of Birth (With Documentary Proof):
Fill up the date of birth in figures in the space provided in dd/mm/yyyy. Proofs of date of birth to be attached are as under:
i) Birth Certificate issued by a Municipal Authorities or District Office of the Registrar of Births &
Deaths or Baptism Certificate; or
ii) Birth Certificate from the school (Govt. /Recognized) last attended by the applicant or any other
Recognized education institution; or
iii) Illiterate or semi-illiterate applicant who is not in possession of any of the above document are
Required to attach a declaration in prescribed format by either of the parents already included in the
Electoral Roll in support of the applicant’s age. The format will be supplied on demand.
N.B. In the case of applicants born on or after 26-01-1989, only birth Certificate issued by the Municipal
Authorities or District Office of the Registrar of Births & Deaths is acceptable.
6. Place of Birth:
In case born in India, please mention name of place like Village / Town, District, State.
7. Relation’s Name:
In case of unmarried female applicant, Name of Father/Mother is to be mentioned. In case of married female applicant, name of Husband is to be mentioned. Strike out the inapplicable options in the column.
8. Place of Ordinary Residence:
Fill up the full and complete postal address including PIN code where you are ordinarily residing and
Want to get registered, in the space provided.
Proofs of ordinary residence to be attached are as under:
i) Bank/Kisan/Post Office current Pass Book, or
ii) Applicants Ration Card/Passport/Driving License/Income Tax Assessment Order, or
iii) Latest Water/Telephone/Electricity/Gas connection Bill for that address, either in the name of the
Applicant or that of his/her immediate relation like parents etc., or
How to register to voter registration portal
Open a browser, example: chrome, firefox or internet explorer Type voterreg.kar.nic.in as shown in the screenshot above and enter This will lead to screen below
Step 2: Register if you are new user-Click on the Register link
Step 3: after clicking on the Register link, it leads to screen below
Step 4: Enter the required details and submit, a message will display kindly read and
Step 5: Browse to home page and enter username and password and submit, which is forwarded to change password screen
Step 6: Change Password and submit and read the message and logout
Enter the username and password and submit
User will login and forwarded to homepage form New Voter Registration using form 6
Click on Form 6 button, the form is forwarded
Select electoral district, AC and “click here” button, which leads to “form 6” application
Fill the form 6 application and click on save and continue to next page
In the form above kindly select “my name not been included” option if the user is new voter registrar and enter the “date of current residence“ and “click on save and continue to next page button”
The action will lead to form below
Kindly upload photo of the user and size should be within 50kb
Upload documentary proof of age and it should be PDF document
Upload address proof which should be PDF document
Click on “Final save and submission of application”, this will lead to form below
Select the application to generate acknowledgement number
Click on “Generate Acknowledgement” Button to generate number
An application with number will be generated as shown below
Save the application number and this will act as acknowledgement number for further references
User can print application or go back to home page and logout from the system