Once you have applied for the change or update in your details for the aadhar card on the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal, you need to return to the website to check the status. Follow the given steps below, to check the aadhar status:
1. You need to enter a few details to check the status.
2. First, your Aadhar number which is a 12-digit number that can be found on your card.
3. You need to then enter add the URN. This number was given to you when you applied for the change online.
4. Click on ‘Get Status’.
5 .Your update status would appear on the screen.
The Online portal through SSUP enables people to change the following details only:
1. D.O.B (Date of Birth)
2. Mobile Number (Registered with your Aadhar number)
For any other details you would need to access the Aadhar card website, download the form and submit it with adequate documents at the aadhaar enrolment centre close to your home.
You need to have the following documents and information ready before you are about to apply for the change:
1. Aadhar Card Number
2. The mobile number linked to your Aadhar Card number (since OTP would be sent in this number).
3. Required Aadhar Card detail change documents of proof for verification. For example if you need to change your last name after you get married, you need your wedding certificate registration and other proof of change of name so that the details can be verified, before changed.
You may get the following statuses for the Aadhar Card Details Update:
1. ‘Under Review’
If the status reads ‘Rejected’, the following reasons could be possible:
1. Inadequate documents were submitted.
2. Incorrect details submitted.
3. Human error when filling the request form.
This is what you need to do next to be able to make the changes, if you don’t know what went wrong or the exact documents for your case, since it varies in circumstances for people:
1. You need to fill a fresh request, but this time visit your Aadhar Centre to get the exact documents that you need.
2. Collate the documents and fill in a new form and submit it online again in a request. Note, that if you submit it at the centre, you cannot check your status online since the request was not applied online.